Weekly Newsletter 1/16/15
Training and Group Runs:
6:00AM Woburn Library Jackie’s group is running a hilly 12-mile loop (with options to run less) mapped out by Alison Lackey: https://www.runningahead.com/logs/4d88a4d291924680bf827dcf522742f2/courses/e08416a7940a4c6c92b8cd1cf5aae174
8:00AM Meriam’s Corner Dave’s group is running 8-12 miles. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Meriams+Corner,+Minute+Man+National+Historical+Park+-+North+Bridge,+Concord,+MAfirstname.lastname@example.org,-71.3245033,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89e39bcf47fd0c07:0xad23f9658be3cab5
9:00AM Woburn Library Ellen/George/Pattie’s group has members doing varying distances from 5 to 10-12 miles.
5:30AM Meet at the Horn Pond Pumping station parking lot; we will run a Winchester Hills route or a double loop of the pond, both routes are about 5 miles total.
6:15PM Outdoor speed workout at the Burlington High School. Course includes the perimeter of the Burlington High School and neighborhood roads behind it. Warm up begins at 6:15pm.
6:30PM Indoor track at the Joyce Middle School in Woburn. The gym is open 6:00pm-8pm, track begins at 6:30. Speed workout schedules are online:http://shamrockrunningclub.com/workouts.php All runners, joggers and walkers are welcome. Bring a friend and introduce them to our club!
5:30AM Woburn Library Members meet for a 5-8 mile run.
6:40PM Woburn South End Fire House/Irish American Club. Join us for a 3-mile run or a separate 5-mile tempo run.
If you are going to participate in the 2015 Shamrock Grand Prix please send an email to Emmett Murphy @ email@example.com
Please see below for a list of races for 2015
* January – Run Your Hangover Off – 5mile — (01/01/2015)
* January 24th- Fudgcicle Series – 5k — Race Info
* February 8th – The Great Stews Chase — 15k – Race Info
* February 22th – Half @ Hamptons – 13.1 — Race Info
* May 3th – Kick in For Kids – 5k —
* May 9th – Backshore – 5 mile —
* June 14th- Samantha’s Harvest — 5k
* July 4th- Feeney Five – 5k —
* July – FORR – Reading – 5k
* July – Level Renner – 10k
* July/August – Horn Pond Fun Run – 2.4 (4weeks)
* October – Hospice Race – Woburn – 5 Mile
* November – Running of the Bulls – Woburn – 3 Mile
*** These are estimated dates for the races and all races are subject to change at the discretion of the BOD
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions please feel free to contact the Grand Prix Race Series Coordinator Emmett Murphy by e-mail.
The club reserves the right to change the Grand Prix series at any time.